We have make a difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, now the time to know the method covert your WordPress site from WordPress.com to WordPress.org. Here we are going to discuss five easy steps to move your blog from WordPress.com to WordPress.org.
Things to do before converting
- You should have a good domain relevant to your blog type
- You must have a best hosting company to start your paid blog
- You should save your important data by using WordPress Backup Plugins
Export Data from WordPress.com
- Login to your WordPress.com site’s dashboard and click on Tools>>Export
- Choose the Free option by clicking on “Export”
- Chose “All Content” to Export Click on the “Download Export File”
Set up WordPress.org
Now you have to setup a fresh WordPress.org site along with a unique domain name and a reliable WordPress hosting service. In order to make your WordPress.org blog you would need just few clicks.
Import Content from WordPress.com
- Now time to import data on WordPress.org that you exported from WordPress.com, open the dashboard of your .com site, click on Tools >> Import >> WordPress option.
- Click on the WordPress Importer Plugin
- Click on “Choose File” and upload exported XML file that you import from your .com site
Set WordPress.com blog as private
After converting your site from WordPress.com to WordPress.org you have to make your .com site private, for this purpose you have to follow the given steps:
Click on Setting >> Reading >> “I would like my blog to be private, visible only to users I choose”
Redirect your site from WordPress.com to self-hosted sit WordPress.org