I notice that a good formatted post on simple and elegant WordPress theme is somehow better as compare to an unformatted post without flawless headings and built points.
If you manage to arrange your text in an impressive way your visitor will spend more time on your site. If the visitor will spend more time on your site it will impress the search engine time tracker and they will give you more visitors on that specific post.
Guideline for Improving WordPress Themes
- Fix WordPress and PHP errors
- Test your Theme for SEO purposes
- Confirm HTML and CSS and see website validating
- Test your theme in all famous browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Opera, and Firefox
- Clean up any inessential comments, TODO items and debug setting
Guidelines to make your Post Impressive
- Give heading in your article, add H2, H3 and H4 headings
- Add relevant pictures in your blog post
- Embed videos (if required) from top video websites
If you are using a WordPress theme it is impossible you are not using a WordPress plugin related to your niche. These plugins are being updated with the passage of time so, you have to keep updated your theme and plugins as it happened.
These sources will help you to keep your theme updated
- WordPress News (for upcoming WordPress versions, releases and news)
- WordPress Trac (keep informed about issues being worked on WordPress)
- jQuery Blog (A best source for jQuery releases and issues)
- Make WordPress Themes (development related theme discussion on WordPress.org)