A WordPress theme is the most essential part of a website, so it should be good looking, responsive, easy to customize and SEO friendly to make your blogging task easier. If you are using an old theme you should have to chance it today with a new one, here are some of the solid reasons why you need to switch a WordPress theme.
- Your old theme is using a large number of shortcodes to display content on your home page or post page.
- Your old theme is using a lot of custom post types to store your content that is creating problem while recognizing your theme.
- Your theme is not responsive and don’t have ability to open on mobile devices, like smartphones, phablets or tablets.
- Your theme has no support forum or documentation support to resolve any kind of issue.
- Your theme has static layout or have less features to create attractive blog posts.
What to do before change your theme?
If you are convinced to change your old theme with the new one, this is really important to get the backup of your site content as well as old theme. You may use a WordPress backup plugin to get the whole site backup.